Friday, June 02, 2006


Mmmm! Delicious wheat flax waffles. My kids love these. Some notes about this recipe. Do try to remember to oil the waffle iron before you add batter each time. I still have to take a fork to gently pry them out. It could just be that my wafflemaker is dumb! These are worth it though :) These are best served right away, but are still good reheated in the toaster.

Wheat-flax waffles

2 egg replacer eggs (prepared)
1 3/4 cup rice milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla

1 c whole wheat flour
1/2 cup flax meal
1/4 cup white flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsps sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Mix together the wet ingredients in a medium to large bowl. Then mix together the dry ingredients in another bowl. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just mixed. Don't overmix.

Grease waffle maker and pour batter into waffle maker(I use a half cup measuring cup). Cook for about 4 minutes (varies by wafflemaker though). This recipe makes about 10 waffles or so in my wafflemaker.

8 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

What kind of egg replacer do you use?

I posted the verdict on the dahl in comments just now.

Happy Weekend!

10:43 AM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

EnerG Egg replacer for this recipe. I don't always use it though. It seems to work best in this recipe.

1:17 PM  
Blogger sarchan said...

cool! . . .too bad i don't have a waffle maker. . . :(

9:12 PM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

What kind of Waffle maker do you have? I'm looking to buy one.. any that you recommend?

Teddy

11:53 AM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

I have a really cheap toastmaster that I got at Target. It works ok...but things really seem to stick to it. I don't think it's just the recipes either as my bf has made non-vegan (gasp! I know!)waffles on it and they stuck too.

4:18 PM  
Blogger StibitzRK said...

Hey.. I am not really Vegan, but love food of all kinds. I looked at your profile and saw that you were into Kung Fu. Our son Matt F. practices/teaches Kung Fu down in Boise.

Wasn't too long ago we went down there and watched Kung Fu Soccer. Great movie, very funny.

All the best to you, and happy blogging!

5:36 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

Hmm Looks like i'll be doing some research before purchasing then. And seeing as my microwave broke last night, might be a while till i can get myself a new toy :) i'll let you know if i find a good cheap one

Teddy

1:08 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Thanks for the info on the replacer! :) Also for the comment! CHEERS!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home