Wednesday, April 26, 2006


Oooh this is definitely a favorite now. I made some seitan yesterday and wanted to try a new BBQ sauce. So, I pulled out my trusty copy of the cookbook, Vegan with a Vengeance and looked up the recipe for Barbeque Pomegranate Tofu. I used just the sauce in this recipe. I would have garnished with pomegranate seeds, but I couldn't find a pomegranate anywhere.I cooked the sauce until it was reduced quite a bit and thickened to make a nice coating for the seitan. This was absolutely delicious. Words cannot express, honestly. We served it with some steamed asparagus, mango slices and coconut almond jasmine rice.

6 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

OMG that sounds delicous. The BBQ sauce is said to be fantastic. I can't wait to try it! I like the idea of making it with seitan. Is it homemade?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Dori said...

I just bought some Pomegranite syrup and was told it adds greatness to sauces. Your meal looks fab! I also make my own seitans.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Mmm seitan! I loves me some seitsn. I've never had pomegranite anything...must try this.

12:28 PM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

Yes it is definitely homemade seitan. I can't find seitan anywhere, luckly gluten flour is no problem to find. The sauce is seriously good.

My uncle makes pomegranate jelly, he has a pomegranate tree in his yard. He says if he doesn't use them, they make an awful mess.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Flo @ Yielded Heart said...

That looks really good.

Thanks for trying that VwaV recipe for the rest of us!

12:34 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Pomegranates are worth the trouble of eating... tests one's patience. Much easier to have the juice/syrup already made!

I love seitan and this looks yummmmmmmmmy!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home