Wednesday, April 19, 2006


Roasted Red Pepper Penne w/tangy veggies

For pasta and Red Pepper Sauce

4 Roma Tomatoes, halfed and seeded
2 large red bell peppers, quartered and seeded
drizzle of balsamic vinegar
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

---for after the tomatoes and peppers are roasted---
1/4 cup water or olive oil
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 clove garlic

whole wheat penne, cooked, enough for 4 people.

Preheat oven to 400.

Take the tomatoes and peppers and place them in a baking dish. Toss with olive oil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Salt and pepper as desired.

Bake at 400 for 50 minutes or until veggies are well done. Remove from oven and set aside until cooled. Then combine the vegetables, basil, water or olive oil, and garlic in the blender and blend until smooth. I often make this ahead of time and just keep it on hand for when I need it. To serve, mix the penne with the sauce on the stove top. Keep on low while making the tangy veggies.

Tangy veggies
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 pound of cremini mushrooms, ( I get them small and keep them whole, but you can slice larger ones)
2 small zuchinni, sliced
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
olive oil
salt and pepper

Pour some olive oil in a pan (enough to fry some veggies). Fry the onions for 2 or 3 minutes, then add the zuchinni and saute for an additional two minutes. Then add the mushrooms and stir in the balsamic vinegar. Finish frying the veggies for an additional 2 or 3 minutes or until cooked through. Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve up some pasta on a plate, top with the veggies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I take back what I said earlier...I WILL kidnap you! *drools* EVerything you make looks so tasty. I'm going to try this recipe out. I think Kyle would like it.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Now this looks great! Yup! I'm back blogging again. Thanks for your comments. The last week and a half have been an emotional rollercoaster for us.

Please let me know the teas you purchase!

12:01 PM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

hehe! kidnap me please! Tiggzie!!!

-Sorry to hear about the troubles Harmonia. I really hope things look up for you soon.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home