Tuesday, April 18, 2006


It's getting that time again. Well, it is here anyways.I have been making my own frozen treats for a while. This recipe is nice because you can get some good ole flax into those kids. This is basically a smoothie sort of thing with some chunky fruit that has been frozen. I usually use molds but for the life of me can't find them. So we did them this way for now.

Peach pops

1 banana, cut into piecs
2 peaches, sliced (one set aside)
6 oz orange juice concentrate
3 Tbsp flax meal
1 small container of vanilla soy yogurt
1/2 to 1 cup of rice milk
2 tsp agave nectar(optional)

5 oz cups
popsicle sticks

Take the peaches that you set aside and divide them between 6 or 7 cups. Put the rest of the ingredients into the blender. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into the 5 oz cups. Put the cups all on a cookie sheet or something flat(cake pan) and put them in the freezer for an hour or until thick enough to hold the popsicle stick. Freeze until solid. Store in a freezer safe bag.

I have more recipes for frozen treats that I will be adding.

You can skip the yogurt all together. I make a batch without any because I can't eat them otherwise :( Also, the OJ concentrate can be quite powerful so feel free to use less if you like. You can use regular orange juice as well, just remember to use less rice milk.

4 Comments:

Blogger Virginie said...

I like this fresh recipe. I bought Vice Cream by Jeff Rogers and like yours, the ice-creams aren't too sweet and really taste fruits. I prefer them rather than those sold in supermarkets (which aren't vegan anyway). For information, I'm working on an english version of my blog, especially for the recipes (the other posts are just translated). It's just the beginning but I hope you'll like it. See you.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Can I kidnap you and put you in my kitchen? Please? The kids can come!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Fiber said...

Love this recipe and it sounds absolutely perfect for summer!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

what a great idea! i'm saving stuff like this in my mom-to-be preparations - thx!

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home