Thursday, May 25, 2006

As the weather gets hotter, I look for more salad type recipes to throw in with my meals. I threw this together one day last week and had totally meant for there to be different colored veggies. However, I was out of tomatoes and red pepper. Now, I don't have an exact measurement on the pasta. I think I used 4 cups of cooked. It doesn't really matter that much.

*remember to salt your pasta water before cooking, it tastes sooo much better.

Teh Green Pasta Salad

4 cups cooked macaroni
1 chopped english cucumber
1 diced zuchinni
1 diced green pepper
3 chopped green onions
1 cup frozen peas
mix above ingredients in a bowl.

sauce*
1/4 cup veganaise
2 tbsps rice milk
1/2 tsp yellow mustard
2 tbsps nutritional yeast
mrs dash to taste (I was being lazy, you can use whatever herbs and spices that suit your taste)

mix sauce ingredients together until smooth. Mix sauce with veggies and chill for a few hours.

*I like to thin out my veganaise. I am not a huge fan of heavy tasting dressings. So, if you would like a heavier dressing, omit the rice milk and use a little more veganaise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi there! Neat Salad Idea!!! Hope all is well with you...I redid my links section. I hope to visit and comment more from now on!

11:43 AM  
Blogger funwithyourfood said...

Hi there again
I love that it's the time of year with great produce! Your salads look good : ). nice work

Teddy

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home