Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Oh no no. I haven't abandoned the creme pie project. But, well see, my problem is that I am trying to lower the fat. It's not really working so great. So, I guess I will just do a full fat version and not worry about it. I tried lowering the fat of the recipe at Monkeyeatfood (a blog I really enjoy btw.) But, I dunno. They are o.k. yet, a little bland. I really don't think there is enough spice or molasses in them. At least from the looks of them, even if made full fat. It's all just my opinion and I haven't actually ever eaten a "real" oatmeal creme pie. hehe, so what do I know.

Well I do know that the marshmallow filling is freakin good! I have filled cupcakes with it, put it as a middle layer in a "smores" pudding pie (yes, the recipe will be coming soon, I want to make up another for a picture.) But, here is the marshmallow filling recipe anyways.

1/2 cup shortening( I used spectrum non-hydrogenated)
2 cups ricemallow creme(just about one whole container)
1/3 cup +2 tbsps powedered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix together with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.

Yeah, that's easy eh?

4 Comments:

Blogger funwithyourfood said...

Hi there
I found your blog from Kai's. This sounds like a delicious recipe! Thanks for sharing it. I'll stop by later to see what other delicious things you have up you sleeve.

Nice to "meet" you.

Teddy

9:19 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Spectrum is wonderful. I sing its praises... Marshmallows (vegan, of course) are a weakness of mine. This filling is gonna kick my butt... and I'll love it! Thanks for this great post.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Check out my massive post today! Thanks for the comments yesterday! YOU ROCK!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

The Ugli Fruit is the first I've seen so far this year! I wish we had more to choose from here.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home