Thursday, March 16, 2006

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Oooh, this is a favorite in our house. We generally eat this with pita chips or tortilla chips and we prefer it warm.

6 oz fresh spinach
6 oz jar artichoke hearts
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp veg broth powder (or veg. chicken broth powder)
1/4 -1/2 cup rice milk
2 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
pepper to taste
olive oil


Heat a few tbsps of olive oil in pan. Saute spinach and garlic until spinach is wilted. Remove from pan into food processor or chopper and add in the artichoke hearts. Process until well chopped. Put back into pan. Add yeast, broth powder, flour, sald and pepper. Mix together well. Turn the heat on and add the rice milk, cook to thicken to desired consistency.

10 Comments:

Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Thanks for posting the recipe!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Flo @ Yielded Heart said...

yum! This is a must try!
I've had a rough day yesterday, too. I was in bed for most of the day with what seemed like a flu, but with 3 kids at home, you could imagine what our house looked like at the end of the day. Today is catch up day.
Enjoy your weekend!

7:02 AM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

np jess :)

Sorry to hear about your rough day Kai. It seems there is a lot of stuff going around, my fiance was sick yesterday and the day before, as well. I hope you are feeling better and have a great weekend too. Thank you for the well-wishes :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Virginie said...

Well I like dips, artichoke and spinach... I'm sure I'll love your recipe !

3:19 PM  
Blogger sarchan said...

I just happen to have on hand a jar of artichokes, and a bunch of fresh spinach. I'll have to try this out. Thanks for the recipe :)

6:38 AM  
Blogger sarchan said...

Made it last night, and it's really good!

5:21 AM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

great! Glad you enjoyed it :)

10:15 AM  
Blogger VeggieLow said...

Yum! Thanks a bunch this is really good. Even my non-veghead friends ate it and enjoyed!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Deb @ OSO Yoga Center said...

This recipe is amazing!!! My kids and I devour it using pita pieces or vegan crackers. Thanks!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Miss M. Possible said...

I made this dip this morning and I like it. It didn't blow me away, though. I would make it again anyway because it's vegan and it's easy! I'm making homemade flatbread today to dip it in for a snack tomorrow at work.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home