Monday, February 27, 2006


I am trying out some more recipes from other people. This being a Coconut Heaven Cupcake out of Vegan with a Vengeance. Oh, heavenly indeed. I didn't have as much frosting, as I was short on a few ingredients and I had to sub shortening for the margerine as I am cutting the soy out of my diet (my diet only, my kids still eat it). I didn't put coconut in the frosting for my 7 year-old would not eat them. He is ok with the coconut in the cakey part or "hidden within", so to speak. But, he would not forgive me for being so blatant as to put coconut in or on his frosting! Because, I used shortening in my frosting, I put some extra coconut extract so it wouldn't be gross.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

This looks delicious! I love coconut...not sure about my picky eater though...I want to try. I found you thru veganlunchbox -- I'm in Idaho as well!

8:14 AM  
Blogger xsparklerx said...

Just curious... why are you cutting soy out of your diet? That's a pretty big staple for vegans, I can't imagine life without it...

11:26 PM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

I am apparently allergic to it. I have been suffering mysterious headaches and skin reactions for years and I really didn't make the connection until now. Also, I have thyroid issues. It's possible that once my thyroid is back under control that I won't have as many issues with it, but my endocrinologist really doesn't want me near the stuff. I have been feeling about 800% better since I stopped eating it.

1:49 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

gorgeous. I was just thinking about those (yet to make).

3:25 PM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

sdg- I've also realized in the past year or two that I need to cut down on soy, and I've been working on doing so in the past few months- I use rice milk primarily for my own dishes, or almond. And tofu graces my plate less : (

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home