Thursday, February 23, 2006


Mmmm...another favorite snack: The Smoothie. Yes, my kids and I love smoothies. The one pictured is strawberry, banana, orange with flax. We just take about 1 to 1and a 1/2 cups of frozen strawberries, 1/2 a banana and put them in the blender. I add to that enough orange juice to go 2/3 way up the berries (I don't know how much that is.) Then I cover the berries with an additional type of juice (100%of course, sometimes for the kids I will use fortified rice milk). Add about 1 Tbsp of agave nectar and 2 tablespoons of flax. Blend until smooth, adding more liquid if necessary. This is two small servings or one very very large one.With there being so many of us, I usually have to do multiply. More of my favorites include: the avacado smoothie and tropical smoothie (with coconut milk!!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

Coconut Milk & Avocado...2 of my faves! What cookbooks did you get?

10:56 AM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

Mmm. coconut milk and avocados are two of my favorites, as well. As far as cookbooks go, I ordered Vive Le Vegan and Vegan With a Vengeance.

11:29 AM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

That looks so refreshing. I could go for a smoothie tonight! I was planning on making a rice milk-banana-peanut butter one tommorow.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

could you please post the recipe for the coconut milk and avocado smoothies??

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home