Monday, February 06, 2006


I had a child turn 13 this weekend! I feel old! Anyways, he requested that I make him some cupcakes. The cake recipe is one that I have had forever...I have no idea where I got it, so I don't know if I will post that. But, I can give you the frosting recipe.

Coconut Frosting
1/4 cup Earth Balance
2 cups (or so) of powdered sugar (which can be made in your food processor)
2 Tbsps of chilled coconut milk (the thick white stuff, do not shake the can before opening)
1 tsp of coconut extract (can use vanilla, or less coconut if you like a milder coconut flavor)

In a bowl mix together the margarine and some of the powdered sugar (I use my mixer for this, but I am sure you can beat them together without one.) Add the coconut milk and beat some more. Then add the sugar a little at a time until your frosting is the desired consistency.

I did top a few of the cupcakes with coconut for my daughter and I as we can't get enough of the stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

Coconut milk! YAY!

Sabres Fans ROCK!

YAY! HOCKEY!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home