Saturday, January 28, 2006


mmmm this morning, I threw these together. It's just a basic breakfast burrito one major difference. The addition of marinated portabella mushrooms. Basically, before you cook anything marinate a few chopped portabello mushroom caps (I used 3 medium sized ones). Marinate them in this mixture:

splash of vinegar (usually I use rice wine)
1/4 cup or less of tamari
1/8 cup water
garlic
a little chopped fresh basil (or dried)

I marinate at least an hour. Usually, I don't go over 4 hours.

You can use any scramble recipe you like, mine is a mixture of a few that I have seen As your scramble is cooked about halfway through, I add the mushrooms. Now, that isn't the only vegetable. I had green and yellow peppers and onions, as well. But, I started those in the scramble earlier.

Then to assemble, I smear a tad bit of sour supreme on a whole wheat tortilla, sprinkle some chopped cilantro, scoop on the tofu scramble and then add some hashbrowns. But you can assemble them any way you like. We served it with some kiwi slices and orange juice.

3 Comments:

Blogger sarchan said...

that looks amazing. always a fan of any breakfast that involves mushrooms.

7:44 AM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

Thanks! Mmmm yes, I am a lover of mushrooms at any time of the day :)

5:57 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

GOOD GOD! That's awesome!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home