Saturday, February 18, 2006


mmmmm A fudgie Chocolate Chunk brownie. These are delicious! I promise that I will post a recipe tomorrow. But, now I must wrangle my family up and go rent some movies.
ETA: the Recipe

Mmmmm Chocolate Chunk Brownies

1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 c maple syrup
1/2 c Florida Crystals
1/2 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
chocolate chunks to sprinkle on top before baking. I just chunked up some bittersweet dark chocolate.

Grease an 8x8 pan. Preheat oven to 350.

In a medium bowl mix together dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Add wet to dry and mix well. Pour into 8X8 pan and sprinkle chocolate chunks over the top and pop into the oven. Bake for 15-16 minutes. Let these cool completely. I store these in the refrigerator (I like brownies cold!)


13 Comments:

Blogger Harmonia said...

Oh Yum! I really must learn how to bake!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

The Who!? Another goodie!

My mother was the one who passed on the Monkees thing to me...eventhough I am now a bigger fan than she ever was.

:)

8:54 AM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

oh wow. chocolate chocolate chocolate.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Virginie said...

Bravo ! These brownies look delicious and I was waiting for the recipe... Thank you for having posted it. My brownies are usually too dry. I must test yours. Just a question from a french cooker : We don't use applesauce here, so I can't find it and don't know how it looks like. This is a problem with lots of US cake recipes. What ingredient could I put instead of it ? Rice sugar, the syrup to make drinks, cactus syrup... ? Thank you.

3:44 AM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

virginie: I actually used the applesauce to replace some of the oil. So, you could just use oil in place of the applesauce.

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspiration, inspiration! I came across your blog today.
I might make some brownies later. DD#1 had been asking for it. I use Wonderslim fat replacer and it always turns up so moist.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look yummy. Question: What Florida Crystals?

1:58 PM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

Here is a link to the Florida Sugar website. It's a natural sugar, no filtering.

http://www.floridacrystals.com/

2:21 PM  
Blogger Virginie said...

Thank you sdgvegan for your answer. I would'nt have thought it without you. I can't wait more... Tomorrow your brownies'recipe will be tested in my kitchen. I'll tell you how they'll taste. See you !

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much. I'm going to see if I can find the ingredients at the store (as well as a pan) and try it out.

5:02 PM  
Blogger LadyRachelLynn said...

Those do look good! I'll have to keep checking and also try some of the stuff you've already put on. DH will LOVE it!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Virginie said...

Hi sdg-vegan,
It's done, I've tried your brownies. Yum, they were excellent. With my friend, we found it just too sugarless for us. So we coat them with a cardamom and blueberries sauce. I 've just published the brownie recipe + photo, and will do the same for the sauce in a minute, if you want to have a look (french blog, sorry, but with a google translater). Thank you again. Cheers!

2:27 PM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

That's great virginie! Glad you liked them. I do tend to take it easy on the sugar. So, adding more to the recipe would be fine I'm sure. Although, cardamom and blueberries sounds delicious :D

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home