Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ok, no picture today. As I currently need to make more of this recipe. My kids love this stuff. This is my version of "ranch". I don't remember where I got the original version of this recipe. I have changed it to my kid's liking. Also, if you wish, you can substitute 1 cup of vegan mayo for 1/2 of the tofu or even 1/2 a cup of vegan mayo for a 1/4 of the tofu. It does add a little extra "something."

1 block silken tofu
1/4 cup white or balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp celery salt
1 tsp dill
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp onion powder
1 to 2 tablespoons of fresh chives or green part of green onions diced fine.
olive oil or water to reach desired consistency

Put tofu(and or mayo), vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, celery salt, dill, pepper, parsley, and onion powder into food processor or chopper. Pulseuntil mixed adding water or oil a little at a time until you get the desired consistency. I usually add about 1/4 cup , probably a little less when the mayo is used. Stir in chives. Chill a few hours and serve.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much vinegar in the recipe? It just says 1/4.

Thanks!!

10:06 PM  
Blogger SDGvegan said...

oops, 1/4 cup!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

I will have to try that! Thanks!!!

I posted tons of pictures today! Check em out!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Thanks for commenting on the mushroom post! I have some pics I will be adding later tonight! Happy Weekend!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi! I saw it in the theatre but have to add it to my collection! :)

Anything else new with you?

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home