Thursday, December 29, 2005

Last night I made my chili recipe with a bit of a twist. I added some different veggies, mainly carrots and potatoes. It was very well recieved! Here is the recipe:

T's Very Veggie Slow Cooker Chili

1 can light red kidney beans, drained (15 oz)
1 can pinto beans, drained (15 oz)
2 medium carrots, chopped
3 medium red potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 small or 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes with juice (14.5 oz)
3/4 to 1 cup water
1 Tbsp Olive Oil

Chili seasoning
4 teaspoons chili powder
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper
1 Tbsp dried, minced onion
1 Tbsp dried, minced garlic
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoons salt (or more, up to 2 teaspoons, but I salt my veggies before frying instead)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tsp paprika (or a little more, I am not huge on paprika)
1 tsp ground corriander
1 veg boullion crushed

Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a medium sized pan. Add green pepper and onion and saute until onion is translucent. Transfer onion and pepper to slow cooker. Add beans, carrots, onions, potatoes and tomatoes.

In a separate bowl mix Chili seasoning mix. Add to the slow cooker and mix well with the veggies and beans. Add the water last, add as much as you need reach desired consistancy. . Cook on medium for a few hours or until veggies are soft. I usually cook it 3 hours. But, that is my slow cooker. You know your slow cooker best.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds fabulous! I made chili last week. I add my veggies when I am getting ready to serve the food.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home