Wednesday, December 21, 2005


Here is a photo of the chocolate chip. We also made orange walnut shortbread, gingersnaps, and decorated sugar cookies. I will make double chocolate sometime, probably tomorrow. But, this is the only pic I have so far. I can post more tomorrow after I charge the camera batteries. But, as for recipes, I will give you two tonight.

Double Chocolate Chip
(just wanted to note that these cookies are not pictured yet. But, they are delicious. Definitely a favorite here.)
3/4 Earth Balance (or equivalent)
1 cup vegan sugar (I have used turbinado, florida crystals, and beet sugar sucessfully)
1 egg replacer
1 tsp vanilla
1 and 1/4 to 1 and 1/2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour (if the dough is too sticky after adding the flour mixture initially, I add just a bit more flour)
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt (depends on your own taste)
1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
Oven temp: 350 Baking time: 8-9 minutes
Preheat the oven. Mix the Earth Balance and sugar until creamy. Add the egg replacer egg(mixed to package instructions) and the vanilla, mix well. In a separate bowl prepare the flour mixture by mixing the flour, cocoa, baking soda and poweder, and salt together. Add the dry to the wet and mix well. Form into balls, place on the cookie sheet. Smoosh them down just a little. Bake until the tops look set (8-9 minutes).

I am not sure where I got that recipe. But, I got it somewhere. I did change it just a bit here and there.

Vegan Gingersnaps- I just veganized a non-vegan recipe for these. These are sooooo good.

1 cup brown sugar ( I have used beet sugar to which I added a bit of molasses) or you can get your hands on some vegan brown sugar.
3/4 cup of oil ( I used corn and canola sucessfully)
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg replacer
2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/3 cup white sugar for rolling

Oven temp: 350 Bake time: 10-12 minutes
Preheat oven. Mix together brown sugar, oil, and molasses. Add in the egg replacer egg (made according to package directions). In a separate bowl prepare the flour mixture by combining the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture and combine well. Take teaspoon size bits of dough and roll them into balls and then roll into sugar before placing on the cookie sheet. Leave room between cookies as these do spread.

I will give you pictures tomorrow, I promise. heh

1 Comments:

Blogger veggiedude said...

Yum! I have to try this.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home