Thursday, August 24, 2006

Eesh...I appologize for how this blog has been lately. I am overloading my plate, I think. I have been sooooo busy with work and now I took on another job for 32 hours a week. Still no camera. It stinks not having a camera yet, because I've made some good stuff lately. But, I do have a recipe for you.

Chipotle Garlic Mashed Potatoes
2 - 2.5 red potoatoes, chopped into 1 to 2 inch pieces, not peeled but icky spots cut out
6 cloves of garlic
3-5 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo, seed them)
1-2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce from the chipotle peppers
1/4 cup earth balance
1/2-3/4 cup rice milk or plain soymilk
olive oil

Boil red potatoes in a large pot of water. While the potatoes are boiling, put 1-2 tbsps of olive oil in a small frying pan. Heat to medium. Place whole cloves of garlic in the pan and saute on low to soften for about 8 or 9 minutes. Be careful not to let the browning turn to blackening. When they are done, throw them into a food chopper (or food processor)and add the chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. Blend until well chopped and mixed together. You can do this by hand. When potatoes are done cooking, drain, and add the earth balance. Then mash adding the rice milk a 1/4 cup at a time until you reach the desired consistancy. Then add the garlic/chipotle mixture and mix very well until well incorporated. If this isn't spicy enough for you, then add some more of the adobo sauce.

2 Comments:

Blogger funwithyourfood said...

welcome back!!:)

I made some curried mashed potatoes the other day. for some reason those remind me of those

yum

teddy

8:12 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wowwwweeee! This is my kinda mashed taters. More garlic puh-leez. Thanks for what surely is a delectable recipe!! YUM!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home